Clearwater Trust and Estate Administration Attorney Advises Trustees
Florida lawyer assists with the probate process
J. Marvin Guthrie Attorney at Law provides guidance to individuals named as trustees or as executors of estates. I help ensure that you successfully uphold your fiduciary duties.
Trust administration requires careful attention to each detail of the grantor’s wishes. I assist clients with the administration of a wide variety of trusts, including:
- Credit shelter trusts (CST)
- Living trusts
- Generation-skipping trusts
- QTIP trusts
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
Meticulous administrative services
I have the extensive experience in all duties expected of a trust administrator, including:
- Preparation of accountings
- Preparation of tax returns
- Distributions to beneficiaries
A trustee can be personally liable for mistakes or omissions that result in losses for the trust. I offer sound advice to trustees to ensure accurate and complete compliance with all aspects of trust administration. If you have been named a trustee, I strongly recommend that you retain professional assistance from a trustworthy source.
Estate and Trust administration
I can guide you through all aspects of probate and estate administration, including:
- Filing the will with the Florida probate court
- Developing the best strategy for fairly and expeditiously probating the estate and administration the trust estate
- Finding and collecting assets
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate or trust
- Paying estate taxes and gift taxes
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring experts, when appropriate
Valuing and managing the estate
I assist executors with the arduous process of collecting, managing, valuing, protecting and liquidating the assets of the estate. When appropriate, I call upon accountants, financial advisors, real estate agents, property managers and other professionals to assist with executor duties. I can access expert opinions about unique assets such as antiques, rare books, automobiles and other collectibles for accurate valuation, management and possible sale.
Contact a thorough estate and trust administration lawyer
J. Marvin Guthrie Attorney at Law serves clients in Clearwater and throughout Florida. Call 727-449-1600 or contact me online to schedule a consultation.